The Society has submitted a strong objection to a planning application to Buckinghamshire Council (ref 22/06443/FULEA) for the development of new film studios on Green Belt land that has been set aside for the development of a country park close to Marlow.
Our objections can be summarised as follows –
- It would have significant adverse impacts in relation to landscape, biodiversity, and traffic.
- It is an area allocated in the Wycombe Local Plan for outdoor recreation and ecological enhancements under Policy RUR4 – Little Marlow Lakes Country Park, and would prejudice and fatally undermine the function of the area for those purposes.
- The evidence of need for a studio development of this size is questionable, and the site selection process flawed.
- Any economic and social benefits that might arise could be equally or better delivered on other sites.
- It is a Green Belt site and represents inappropriate development as defined in national and local policy. Very special circumstances for overriding Green Belt protection do not exist.
- The development would be within the immediate setting of the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
As well as submitting our detailed objection to this application we have lobbied local MP Joy Morrissey, and at the highest levels with Buckinghamshire Council.
You can read our full response here.