A Chilterns fit for future generations
Covering over 650 miles of iconic rolling hills, sparkling chalk streams and historic pathways and market towns, for 60 years the Chiltern Society has given a voice to all those dedicated to conserving, promoting and campaigning for the Chilterns. With our volunteers, members and partners, we are tackling some of the most serious threats to the countryside – from climate change, to overbearing development and disappearing green spaces and wildlife – to care for this unique landscape.
As a charity, we relay on people like you to support our work caring for the countryside. As a member you will be…
- helping to protect and restore pathways for walkers, horse riders and cyclists that crisscross the Chilterns.
- protecting and enhancing the woodlands, nature reserves and wild places cared for by our Conservation Volunteers.
- uncovering over 100 Chiltern Society walks and events to explore the best of the area.
- fighting the worst excesses of building, development and infrastructure projects.
Join us from as little as £3.00 per month or £35.00 a year.
As a member you’ll receive…
- A free footpath map
- Chiltern – our quarterly magazine packed with fascinating articles and great features, delivered direct to your door
- Chiltern Society conferences and events. You’ll be invited to a range of events and conferences along with our annual AGM
If you choose to add a small donation when you join, your membership support will go even further.
The Chilterns is a special place, and together we can keep it that way.
To join, please fill out the Membership Application form below.
How your membership makes a difference:
There are 2,200 miles of footpaths that our Volunteers help maintain and protect, so that people can easily connect with nature.
Our scrutiny of national and local planning policy champions sustainable development and protects biodiversity.
Sign up to our eNews
If you are unable to join, why not subscribe to our eNews and stay up to date with the latest news, events, offers and more from across the Chilterns.
How do we make a difference to the Chilterns?
We organise walks, talks and events to show hundreds of people the Chilterns’ rich character and landscape