We’re looking for a new Communications and Fundraising Officer to support the Chief Officer to deliver of all aspects of fundraising, membership and income growth, and to increase awareness of the Chiltern Society’s work both internally and externally.
Salary: Scale £26,000 – £28,750 per annum
Hours: 35 hours (9-5 Monday-Friday) regular weekend and evenings as required
Probationary period: 3 months
Based: Chiltern Society Head Office in Chesham and at other locations across the wider Chilterns
Reports to: Chief Officer
Direct Reports: Events and Marketing Coordinator, Office and Events Volunteers
Key relationships: Other staff, Key Volunteers, General Public, External Stakeholders (Prospective Donors, Partner Organisations)
Budget responsibilities: To meet income and awareness targets within agreed annual budgets and 5-year rolling business plans
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who loves working within a small dedicated staff and volunteer teams, with strategic partners, local businesses and the general public. The role will provide an opportunity for you to further develop your existing skills in communications, membership growth and/or charity fundraising. The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter with excellent communication and project management abilities who is confident and flexible. You will be experienced in some or all aspects of the role, loves showing initiative, and wants to develop within a small, growing, impactful organisation which has big ambitions.
Most importantly we’re looking for someone who will fit well within our small charity staff team, who will not only be able to help grow income and membership and in the own right, but will be able to work with our volunteers, and help really help us raise the profile of the organisation.
We know we’re asking a lot, and we’re probably looking for someone who shows great potential, who has some experience and who would like a steppingstone for a much larger role in the next 3-5 years.
- Working with the CO, develop and deliver a funding and earned income strategy, setting and agreeing priorities to deliver annual income targets. Review, refine and develop existing activities and seek further income sources from new programmes and partners.
- Supporting the CO in the planning, implementation and management of income generating activities.
- Fundraising: Planning and promotion of fundraising campaigns: Plan engaging fundraising appeals that resonate with our supporters. Promoting campaigns effectively across a multitude of communication channels to ensure maximum awareness.
- Fundraising: Corporate Sponsorship and Giving: Help develop a strategy to generate significant and sustainable additional income streams. Helping maintain long-term relationships with key partners and businesses and help manage those relationships to help ensure future support.
- CS Sales: Create and deliver a plan for products, managing the offer to fit with our charitable objectives.
- Create, lead, and deliver recruitment campaigns, to grow membership income above budgeted levels. Develop relationships with members to increase income, via online giving, donations, retail and legacies
- Through community engagement and our roadshow ensure significant membership growth at events.
It is envisaged the post holder will lead on our weekly roadshow and/or membership recruitment events which aim to recruit upwards of 5 members per week.
- Chiltern Magazine and Advertising: Work with CO, conservation team, support groups and Editor to develop the impact of the magazine and ensure brand reputation is being upheld.
With the assistance of a freelance sales agent drive magazine advertising sales.
Awareness Raising & Marketing
- Brand positioning: Working with the Chief Officer to manage all aspects of the brand management across all touch points, online, in print and across all CS sites and activities. Deliver account management of design agencies, website developer, magazine production and all other external marketing support.
- Deliver and manage all digital marketing channels: Managing and delivery of all aspects of the website and social media, ensuring they assists awareness, membership and fundraising delivery targets.
- Events management oversight and delivery of events programme and major flagship events to ensure that they are run and promoted successfully to delivery and support the charities awareness and income targets.
To read the person specification, please click here.
To apply email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9.00am on Friday Feb 14th 2020.
First round interviews will be on 1 Monday Feb 24th, and second round on Monday March 2nd.