Donating a gate can be a nice way to mark a special event such as an anniversary or an important birthday, or to remember a special person. At the same time, it helps to improve access and safety for the thousands of walkers that enjoy the Chilterns every year. Donated gates can be fitted with a plaque which, for example, could include the name of the donor, a special date or a short memorial inscription. Installation is carried out by our path maintenance volunteers and is intended to improve access for all users particularly those who find stiles difficult to cope with. Some of the gates we install are specifically designed for use with mobility vehicles. We have a vacancy for a Coordinator to run the Donate-a-Gate scheme in Bucks. This would involve:
- Liaising with potential donors, discussing the process and desired location
- Liaising with Bucks, keeping them in the loop and agreeing potential sites
- Liaising with landowners to determine site and type of gate and agree with donors
- Organising delivery with Bucks and installation with PMVs
- Organising Plaque with required details and install
- Keeping track of finances on each gate – donation, contribution to Bucks, plaques.
If you think you might be interested in this position, please get in touch for more information. Please contact:
Tracey Read, Volunteer Manager – Tel: 01494 490667, email: email@example.com Maps and guidance notes will be provided.
Alternatively you can apply using the form below, we look forward to hearing from you. Read more about what we do in Rights of Way, here.