We need your help!
Do you enjoy taking photos when you’re out and about? Do you have any of the Chess Valley or River Chess that you particularly love? Would you like to see one of your photographs on interpretation boards along the walk? If so, we would love to hear from you.
The Chiltern Chalk Stream Project has received funding to rejuvenate the Chess Valley walk, making it easier for public to access the river and to showcase the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Chiltern Society are redesigning and installing interpretation boards along the whole route to help inspire and educate visitors. We need to create a modern and interesting board we would like to include wildlife and landscape photographs taken by budding photographers.
Photos do not have to be taken this year but preferably taken on or near the River Chess. Please see link to the Chess Valley Walk Leaflet for more information of where this beautiful river flows.
There are three categories with particular subjects we are looking for:
Fish (Grayling, Trout, Bulhead)
Mayfly- nymph and adult
Other wildlife on the Chess (Ducks, butterflies etc)
Flora & Fauna
Yellow Flag Iris
Seasonal Chess Valley photos
Chess valley views
Walking along the Chess Valley
We look forward to receiving your photos!
How to enter
- Photographs must be taken in the Chilterns and preferably in the Chess Valley.
- The person submitting entries must be the author and owner of the copyright of all the images.
- By submitted your photos, you are consenting that we can use your images for the interpretation boards along with any reproductions or adaptations of the photograph for all general purposes in relation to the Chiltern Society’s work. That we can use it in any publicity materials, magazine articles, on our website and on social media, whenever the Chiltern Society chooses to do so. Please let us know if you DO NOT consent.
- Images may be taken using a camera, smartphone, iPad or similar and must be submitted as high resolution digital files. No image should exceed 6 megabytes.
- Due to the design process there may be reasons that we can’t use some of the winning photos on a board. We will endeavour to use it in publicity as an alternative if you consent.
- Submissions should include entrant’s name and email address and be sent to email@example.com.
The closing date for entries is Monday 4th April. The boards are being created in Summer 2022 and if your photo is successful you will be notified of it’s location.
Submission of photographs will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.