Junior Ranger Day
£3 – £5
Get the kids outdoors and immersed in nature at our Junior Ranger events at Whiteleaf Hill Nature Reserve. Join our staff and volunteers for a morning of outdoor activities designed to encourage and inspire your young nature explorers:
- Learn basic bushcraft skills, including fire lighting, shelter building, and campfire cooking.
- Follow a map to hunt down items on a scavenger hunt.
- Follow a trail and look out for birds (toys) in trees and tick them off an ID sheet.
- Follow different tracks of animal footprints to locate the animal to whom they belong.
- Help us build a large insect hotel on site and make a small one to take home for your own garden.
Come prepared to get muddy and be outside whatever the weather. We recommend long trousers and closed toed shoes whatever the weather as you will be kneeling down and walking through long grass. Suitable for children 5 – 12 years old. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Please no more than 2 children per adult. Booking is essential.
This event is also taking place on 29th October.
Know before you go
Dogs: Dogs are not permitted as we are in an enclosed conservation area and there will be an open fire
Mobility: limited or restricted mobility – please contact the event organiser
Refreshments: Please bring your own as there are no facilities on site